The end of another month… and so we continue with not-long-standing tradition!
- running lunches to the fieldwork people – bonus when I got to take the four wheeler!
- chopping off… a lot… of my hair
- trying to write 1,000 words of my novel each weekday (it didn’t happen every day, but it definitely boosted my progress!)
- running errands with my youngest sisters
- doing more a capella singing with my family
- discovering this playlist
- enjoying crazy-fun times with friends+siblings
- studying the Bible with aforementioned friends+siblings
- surviving (and thoroughly enjoying:) ) a competitive game of Ultimate Frisbee
- working on a writing project that is (hopefully!) soon to be disclosed to the general public…
What I’ve Been Reading
A Time to Die – Nadine Brandes
This is my new favorite book! Not many books keep me reading way too late into the night anymore, but this one did! Every time the excitement began to die down, something new/horrible/exciting happened. I loved it, and can’t wait to finish the trilogy! I can’t recommend it enough.
A Time to Speak – Nadine Brandes
The second book in the Out of Time series… so far, it’s just as amazing as the first!
The Ascent of Rum Doodle – W.E. Bowman
I’ve had this one on my shelf for so long, and finally determined to finish reading it. It’s absolutely hilarious… thanks for recommending + lending it, Grandma! Don’t worry… I’ll return it soon.:)
To Build a Fire – Jack London
Another one recommended by my grandma… so, so good. And devastating. And good.:)
Joy is a fruit of the Spirit, not of my circumstances. So… onwards!
God, help me to lose myself and take on the identity You give me – joyfully and with grace. Don’t let me waste my time on worthless pursuits.
Am I willing to offer every aspect of my life to God as a living sacrifice? Will I let You completely mangle my dreams for my life so I can live out Yours? Yes, Lord. Only by Your grace. All I want is Your plan.
Help me to live fully. To have a zest for life. To love fully and extravagantly. To realize the brevity of life and throw myself into making each second count. For good.
Oh, man, life was so much simpler when I was eight. (hehehe…)
God is helping me to see my life the way He sees it – brimming with beauty and opportunity. I see each day as an opportunity to serve God fully and freely, to nurture my relationship with Him, to press into Him and see that He is indeed good, and more than enough for me.
How was your May? What made it stand out to you?